Welcome Visitor No.

I AM

My photo
AbU dHabi, United Arab Emirates

Monday, August 27, 2012

Collage of Women Cries

A women to be born again in boldness still needs to satisfy number of factors :
Where am I born, what is my ethnicity?
In to the lap of  civilization immunized with the absolute freedom of expression or under the cover-all of taboos and threats.
Can I earn a living? 
If not, its not I speak-I blabber. If I don't earn pennies nor power, I may not either earn the freedom of speech.
Do I have a men force who cares and supports me in every decision I take, like any other individual.
.....and probably many more, which my thoughts at this time has no much relevance to.

Recent incidents which shook my heart is what I express here with no intention to judge nor claim justice and righteousness. The society here is ever willing to accept and get easily pleased with a philanthropist, but if a mercy or a loud outcry for a women victim by a women will always tag me as a feminist, which is not always an acceptable label even in this "womens" era.

Two incidents in the recent past which I read from the newspapers made a viral significance in the social media- both to the national and international readers. I won't blame a mobile cam user's instant eagerness and  action to record or click a brutality or a mishap, 'with all its ethics and respect', inorder to spread the news across billions who are ignorant of the 'world', which includes me. A picture speaks 1000 words, when I look at one of those pictures I can feel the throbbing of that Afghan women awaiting her death from behind. Was she able to notice- that gentle breeze, that deep blue sky, that pleasant morning, the beauty of those green bushy trees infront of her? No... She would have seen only darkness, the darkness which is deeper than darkness.
I don't know your name dear girl, I don't know what your world accused you for- who am I to judge you? But I see you today along with this world.
I see you this little Guwahati girl, molested in public by public taking turn by turn, scavenging her emotions, her tender dreams, her confidence, her self-being. What have you got my crowd? What was your aim? What can you claim? None of us remember her face, but can she  forget that it was She?

Gulf news recently had an appalling statistics from an international resource. To learn a figure, which has much to do with where I come from, was much interesting-Dowry Related murders -22 women are killed  each day.
Where has it gone dear souls- your blood-sheds, sparks and activism against dowry, female foeticide, girl trafficking, slavery, rape, physical and verbal abuse- still makes us to read this news paper clips.
I was disturbed, and it took a few hours of sleep from me. Unknowingly, I shed tears not due to sympathy, but out of fear. I know I am living in the world where our girls still see nightmares of violence, unknown fearsome faces, long grabbing hands, thirst for breath and finally wakes up with teary eyes and heavily pulsating heart, and her days are tired of the previous night's never-ending escape runs.
Sometimes it is more tiring to re-write the script and re-see the dream with a safe ending. And now I too have a happy ending here, from the same newspaper. When I saw you, Tahmina Kohistani, in the pages of London Olympics 2012, marching with determination in your eyes and a gracious smile midst of insults and catcalls, I see you, and I felt the dignity in you.
Afghan Athlete Tahmina Kohistani

No comments:

Post a Comment